Paros rent a car - moto condition for drivers.
Our Paros car – moto rental conditions are a result of Government regulations, and insurance companies policies. We follow these rules to comply with the regulations and protect our clients from any unpleasant surprises.
- Drivers licence. A valid drivers licence (not expired) is necessary. Photocopies, or images on tablets or phones, or email files are accepted by local authorities. The driver should have his / her actual driving license to pick up the vehicle.
- For scooters 50cc EU license class AM or B.
For motorbikes up to 125cc the EU license class A1, for larger displacement motorcycles class A is required by law and insurance. For those from countries outside the EU a driver’s license with a motorcycle endorsement is required for all motorbikes. (read age limited here)
- Driving a scooter even less than 50cc with a car only driver’s license is not allowed in Greece and all Greek Insurance companies refuse to cover such drivers.
- All cars and ATV’s (read age limited here) can be driven with a car driver’s license Β.
Drivers that are not yet 23, or older than 70, can still rent a car from us if they inform us in advance. In that case there is a small extra charge from the insurance company. Drivers in that case, should contact our reservations, and give their drivers license details (type, country and date of issue) We then forward the request to our insurance company. The insurance company will then reply, if the request is accepted, and how much is the extra fee.
(read more for ages limited here)
- That is for the first driving license. This is not an issue for renewals.
- The insurance company accepts a car driver’s license that is in English even if an international permit is legally required, so we will accept such licenses without the international (except the licenses from Syria and Bangladesh that are not accepted by the insurance company, China, S.Korea, Japan, India, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and more) Please contact for more details. An international driving permit is not required for European citizens.
- Passport or identity card. To pick up your car you will also need your passport or identification card (I.D.)
We will refuse rental if we think that the driver is not safe for any reason (e.g lack of skill, suspected alcohol use etc)
Our company reserves the right to decline a rental, even for confirmed bookings if a driver fails to provide the required documents. In that case we shall not be able to issue a refund of any amount already paid as a deposit. Please note that this is a common policy for most car rental companies in Paros.